Win afternoon tea for two at Kensington Palace with W.E.
By Lena on January 10, 2012
To celebrate the release of Madonna’s new film W.E., which stars Abbie Cornish, Andrea Riseborough and James D’Arcy and hits cinemas on January 20th, QueensOfVintage are giving one reader the chance to win an afternoon tea for two at Kensington Palace courtesy of Virgin Experience Days.
Madonna’s W.E. is a beautifully crafted, passionate tale about the search for true love in the modern world, viewed through the prism of one of history’s most fabled romances. The year is 1998, and Manhattan is abuzz with anticipation about the upcoming auction of the estate of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. But the auction is far more than a diversion for Wally Winthrop (Abbie Cornish), a transplanted Southerner trapped in an unhappy and abusive marriage.
Transfixed by the exquisite artifacts of the Windsors’ lives, Wally becomes obsessed with the love story of Wallis Simpson (Andrea Riseborough), the chic, charismatic American who captured the heart of King Edward VIII (James D’Arcy). As she learns more about the sacrifices Wallis made in choosing to be with Edward, Wally finds the courage to follow her own heart and create her own happiness.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below and email the answer to email@example.com quoting ‘Wallis’ in the subject line.
Where did Wallis and Edward flee to once their relationship became public knowledge?
b) South of France
c) South America
For more information on W.E visit the official Facebook page.
More information on Virgin Experience Days.
Terms and Conditions
• Competition will close at midday on Monday 23 January 2012.
• Open to UK participants only
• Prize for the main winner is an afternoon tea for two at Kensington Palace including entrance to Kensington Palace and tour, unique opportunity to see the enchanted palace exhibition, delicious Signature Orange afternoon tea at the 18th century Orangery, allow approx 1½ hours for your experience (although there is no time limit for your visit), experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card, PA cover to a value of £50,000 plus cancellation indemnity
• Travel and accommodation is not included
• In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
• There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
• Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.